Parks and Lands Committee Meeting Minutes Feb. 2017
Attending: Mike O’Bryon, Alan Hahn, M Hahn, Linda Nedden-Durst, Bill Draeger, Judy Kerr, Gordy Anderson , Yvette Fleming, Tom Mason, Absent: Gina Emily
Jackie Eid, Larry Chernoff
I. Review of accomplishments and reaffirming the committee’ s responsibility to work with the Planning Commission and the Bayfield County Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (2015-2019)
Discussion of improvements at the beach including dune restoration and removal of invasive species.
- Discussion of future projects to be taken up at future meetings. Lists will be in proposed agenda for future meetings.
- Future fine tuning of Transient Merchant Ordinance depending on outcomes of test cases before the Bayfield County Court
- Discussion of Campground rates which will be on agenda for the next meeting comparing them to current local rates.
- The Committee would like to have the direct and indirect responsibilities of the Parks and Land Committee defined more clearly.
- The Parks and Land Committee will work on a Mission Statement
- The Committee pledges to be educationally pro-active in the future development and stewardship of all parks and lands within the Town of Bell.
Next meeting March 7th (Tuesday) at 6 pm at the community center.
Judith Kerr, secretary pro temp.