TOWN OF BELL
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
following the Annual Meeting
The meeting was called to order at 7:35 p.m. Board members present were Roger Lindgren,
James Kaseno, Andrew Sauter Sargent, Allen Hahn, Jackie Eid, MaryBeth Tillmans and Janice Olson.
-Board Meeting Minutes-
Board Meeting -A. Hahn made a motion to approve the minutes and J. Eid 2nd the
motion. Unanimous. Approved.
-Treasurer’s Report –J. Eid made a motion to approve the report and J. Kaseno 2nd
the motion. Vote (4-1) Yes- R. Lindgren, A. Sauter Sargent J. Eid & J. Kaseno. No- Allen
- Lindgren – Noted the passing of Jim Roman
.Library – It is now open. An anonymous of $100.00 was received.
Public Comment Period – None
.Shaun McElhatton – Letter was received opposing the proposed ATV trail along Highway 13.
- Review Gravel Bids
At a special board meeting, the gravel bid was awarded to Trusty Trucking/South Shore
Sand and Gravel based on their known service and product. The bids received were
$16.72 Trusty Trucking/South Shore Sand & Gravel and $15.45 Sipsas for 2500 cu. yds.
After the meeting, with further thought, R. Lindgren sent a note the next day to Trusty
Trucking informing them of and took responsibility for failure to properly evaluate the low
bidder and informed them we’d be revaluating. R. Lindgren asked A. Hahn and J. Eid to
check references for Sipsas. A. Hahn did check references and did not find any reason to
disqualify them. R. Lindgren checked with the Wis. Town Assoc. and was informed that
according to Wi. State Statues, the town must take the lowest bid, unless there was a
good reason not to.
- Hahn made a motion to rescind the acceptance of the Trusty Trucking/South Shore
gravel bid from April and A. Sauter Sargent 2nd the motion.
Vote(4-1) Yes: R. Lindgren, J. Kaseno, A. Hahn, A. Sauter Sargent and J. Eid. R. Lindgren
No: J. Kaseno. Approved.
- Hahn made a motion to accept the Sipsa gravel bid of $15.45 and R. Lindgren 2nd the
motion. Unanimous decision. Approved
- BIG, RBF Award, HAP Grant Award -update – Roger Lindgren
The BIG, which is a federal grant was awarded today. The RBF and HAP have been
awarded. The cost of sheet steel has more than doubled. HAP is requiring
that the sheet steel be coated. This is driving the cost of the project up. HAP is
delaying the project until steel prices are down.
- Obsolete Ordinance – Joint Action Emergency
- Hahn made a motion to strike the ordinance and J. Kaseno 2nd the motion. Unanimous
- Planning Commission issues TBD by Jackie
They have been discussing the crosswalk at Highway 13. Randy Lund will do the
engineering for the landing and will provide an estimate for the project. This is
necessary for the permit with the DOT.
The commissioners Greg Weiss and Mark Ehlers terms are up for reappointment. A
notice will be posted.
- Campground Ordinance
Verbiage on the ordinance is being changed. This will be on next month’s agenda for
- Coastal Management Survey – Due May 14th
All board members or employees were encouraged to submit survey.
- Approval of National Guard Bank Concert July 2nd
- Hahn made a motion to approve the concert to be held at the lakefront and J. Eid
2nd the motion. Unanimous decision. Approved.
- Monthly review of Community Center COVID restrictions
There has been no change from the county recommendations.
- Set date for Board of Review
- Hahn made a motion to set the date for June 8, 2021, prior the regular board meeting.
- Sauter Sargent 2nd the motion. Unanimous decision. Approved. The meeting will be
adjourned until the assessment roll is received. The anticipated date for the meeting is
Bills were paid. At 8:55 p.m., A. Hahn made a motion to adjourn the meeting and A. Sauter Sargent 2nd the motion. Approved.
MaryBeth Tillmans – Clerk