Parks and Lands Meeting Minutes
June 4, 2021 10 am @ Community Center
Present: G. Anderson, J. Kerr, D. Becker, J. Becker, G. Emily
- Becker called the meeting to order.
Minutes of the last meeting were read with no corrections or additions.
- Superior Avenue Beach Rope
- Anderson will let A. Sauter Sargent know that 80 feet of rope needs to be ordered.
- Posts are ready to be installed by the Town. G. Anderson will remind Matt.
- Park and Lands will install rope.
- Vault Toilets:
- Becker will contact G. Weiss about his research into composting toilets for the Campground. Probably will need a 1500 gallon capacity tank. If approved, funds will be requested at the next Town Budget hearing for installation in 2022.
- Swenson Pavilion Update:
- Lower Lake levels and dry conditions have improved drainage issues temporarily; decision to repair/relocate/rebuild still tabled pending possible Scenic Byway Grant funding.
- Campground update:
- Emily recommended a map of the Town, its history and a donation box be installed at both the Campground and the Lake Boat Ramp.
- Much discussion about non-campers utilizing the Campground Beach as a water craft launch causing erosion damage.
- Also discussed were parking issues at both the Campground and the Siskiwit Lake Boat Ramp.
- A sign informing non-campers to use the Boat Ramp, a 1/3 mile down the road, will be installed. 2 posts will be needed for the signs. G. Weiss will be contacted about this issue, as his business uses the Campground Beach to launch his water craft.
- Campground Volunteer Hosts continue to work on grounds maintenance. J. Kerr ordered a lawn mower for the Campground.
- Becker will contact the Town Chairman to add the revised Campground Ordinance to the June Town Board meeting agenda.
- Becker will contact Town Chairman about the Park and Lands’ recommendations that were not addressed at the May Town Board meeting.
- Public playground equipment inspected.
- Kerr will look into acquiring a storage box for the Community Center playground equipment.
- Matt H. is aware of the bad road conditions behind the Cornucopia Community Center and will repair when he is able.
- Community Center parking lot needs new painted parking lines.
- Siskiwit Lake Boat Ramp parking: committee should review the area and discuss solutions at the July Park and Lands meeting.
Meeting was adjourned.
Next meeting: Wednesday, July 6, 2021 @ 6 pm with location TBA
Submitted by J. Becker 06-04-21