Regulating Uses In The Town of Bell Marina
Town of Bell Bayfield County, Wisconsin Ordinance 2019-04
An Ordinance Establishing and Regulating Uses In
The Town of Bell Marina Complex
WHEREAS,The Town of Bell owns and operates a public boat launch/landing and marina at the Town of Bell Marina Complex.
WHEREAS,The Town desires to establish rules and regulations regulating the Town of Bell Marina Complex and establishing designated areas for certain permitted uses and to establish penalty provisions for violating the terms of the established rules and regulations.
WHEREAS,The Town of Bell Marina Complex boundaries are as follows. State Hwy. 13 north to the sand dune and the Green Shed west to the river.
BE IT RESOLVED, that the Town Board of the Town of Bell, being duly assembled at a regular Town Board meeting on June 11, 2019, at the Town Community Center, does hereby ordain as follows:
SECTION1- BOAT RAMP
Launching of boats and other motorized watercraft shall be allowed by members of the public at the existing boat ramp. The Town shall impose a fee for use of the boat ramp. Signs shall be erected in the vicinity of the boat ramp advising members of the public of this allowable use and the fees imposed.
It shall be unlawful for any member of the public to:
1. Utilize the Town’s boat ramp and launch a boat or watercraft without paying the appropriate fee.
2. To leave a vehicle unattended at the boat ramp.
3. To park a vehicle and/or boat trailer in an area not designated for said purpose.
4. To launch canoes, kayaks, stand up paddle boards.
5. Power launch and/or recovery of watercraft driven onto or off of trailers by the watercrafts propulsion system. This means that launched vessels must be floated and the trailer then pulled out from beneath; and that the recovered vessels must be floated onto or pulled onto the trailer by a winch or other mechanism.
SECTION 2- COMMERCIAL USE OF THE TOWN OF BELL MARINA COMPLEX
It shall be unlawful for any individual or entity to use any water properties owned and operated by the Town of Bell Marina Complex for services where a fee is collected or imposed without a permit. Commercial shall be defined as outfitter, charter operators, or entities that conduct tours or assist individuals and/or groups by providing equipment, etc. Persons who are considered “commercial” must contact the Town of Bell for an application to determine eligibility to obtain a permit.
It shall be unlawful to:
1. Use the Town of Bell Marina Complex for services where a fee is collected or imposed without a permit.
SECTION 3- SIGNS AND SIGN PLACEMENT
1. No signs are to be placed on grassy areas or within pedestrian walkways
2. Signs must be removeable.
3. Signs must be removed when boat is taken out.
4. Signs are limited to 25″ x 25″ or 625 sq. inches.
SECTION 4- Town Marina Supervisor
1. Boat placement and/or movement is at the discretion of the
Town Marina Supervisor.
2. The Town Marina Supervisor ensures compliance with laws, ordinances, rules and regulations governing the use of the harbor facility.
SECTION 5- SUB-LEASING OR REASSIGNMENT OF SLIPS
Sub-leasing or reassignment of slips is only allowed by the Town Marina Supervisor
SECTION 6- PENALTY PROVISION AND SCHEDULE OF DEPOSITS
The following schedule of cash deposits is established for use with citations issued under this ordinance.
• Non payment of each fee $150.00 plus current court costs
• Power loading/unloading $150.00 plus current court costs
• Commercial Use without $500.00 plus current court costs a permit
• Launching of canoes, $100.00 plus current court costs kayaks, or stand up
SECTION 7- ISSUANCE OF CITATION
A Code Enforcement Officer(s) appointed by the Town Board and Town Board
Chairperson shall have authority to issue citations. SECTION 8- EFFECTIVE DATE
This ordinance shall take effect upon its passage or posting as provided by law. Adopted this 11th day of June in the year 2019.
Roger Lindgren Chairman
MaryBeth Tillmans Clerk
Download this ordinance as a PDF.