Bell Harbor Commission Meeting Minutes – March 7, 2022
Town of Bell
Harbor Commission Meeting
Monday, March 7, 2022
7:00 p.m. at the Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 p.m.. Members present were Chuck Perry, Jesse Kaseno, Pauline Colamatteo, Jessica Resac and Jennifer Sauter Sargent. Nick Colberg and Will Tillmans were absent. Mike Thorson, Jody Maier and Roger Lindgren were present on Zoom.
Minutes – A motion was made by P. Colamatteo to approve the minutes and J. Kaseno 2nd the
motion. Unanimous decision. Approved.
Conflict of interest – None
Public Comments – Ken Scott will not have a boat slip this year.
Public Hearing – None
Harbor Dredging Committee –D. Tillmans sent a report.
The currently issued DNR permit for dredging, covering only any immediate needs we might have for dredging the entryway, turning basin, and river.
It has many additional requirements drafted into it concerning dredging in the east slip, Towns inner basin, and west slip areas. They have demanded more sampling and lab analysis for these areas as well as the disposal options and volumes they granted.
He recommended proceeding further, after the Corps can get their annual condition survey done.
Green Shed – It is closed for the winter.
Shop Lease Policy Statement – J. Sauter Sargent is working on a survey.
1 Halvorson Lease 2022
- Lindgren had made some semantic changes to the lease. J. Sauter Sargent made a motion
to accept the changes on Page 2 of the Halvorson lease and P. Colamatteo 2nd the motion.
Unanimous decision. Approved.
- Harbor Map – W. Tillmans completed the maps of the harbor showing the areas of responsibility
- Ten Year Plan – No update
- Breakwater access –No action has been taken. It will be done in the spring.
- Boardwalk leveling – This is a project expected to done in the spring.
- BIG and RBF and HAP grant update – R. Lindgren had a meeting with an individual from HAP and the
DNR. Between the grants, they will be able to fund the project on the town’s north side of the
river at no cost to the town. He will look at the engineering right away. Proposals had been
received last year. They will endorse the proposal selected. Marine Tec submitted the best
- Harbor Master Job Description/Harbor Master Replacement – The updated description was
reviewed. J. Kaseno made a motion to approve the Town of Bell Harbor Commission job
description as written without the requirement of the town board approval. J. Sauter Sargent 2nd
the motion. Unanimous decision. A job posting notice was created. C. Perry will finalize it
and it will be posted. A list of applicants will be reviewed at the April 4th meeting. If needed,
a special meeting will be done on the 2nd Monday in April for interviews.
- General Rule Update – Discussion was held. Exemptions will be added to the quiet hours.
- Financial Statements – J. Kaseno made a motion to approve the financials statements and
Colamatteo 2nd the motion. Unanimous decision. Approved.
Communications – J. Resac received a couple inquires about slips. C. Perry will take care of the
At 8:47 p.m., P. Colamatteo made a motion to adjourn and J. Kaseno 2nd the motion.
MaryBeth Tillmans – Secretary