Help wanted – Town of Bell
Recycle Center Operator
The Town of Bell is seeking applications for Recycle Center Operator. This is a part time position. The successful applicant will be expected staff the Recycle Center as scheduled. Wage rate up to $15/hr depending on qualification and experience.
Between November 15 and May 1, the current hours of operation are:
Fridays noon to 3PM, Saturdays 10AM to 3PM, and Mondays 9AM to noon.
Same a Winter but with addition of Sundays Noon to 3PM.
Operators can expect 15 hours per week in winter and 5 hours per week in summer. In winter, Operator will staff the center. In summer, the Recycle Center Manager will staff, and Operator will help during special events.
Examples of Duties:
1. Ensure Recycle Center is open and fully functional during scheduled times.
2. Collect fees from the public for waste disposal.
3. Maintain records of usage and fees collected.
4. Prepare an accounting and deliver fees collected to town treasurer.
5. Set fees for large loads.
6. Perform all aspects of the cardboard recycling operation.
7. Stay current with and advise customers concerning proper recycling Procedures.
8. Assist with special recycling events
9. Assist customers with waste disposal as needed.
10. Coordinate with and schedule waste management companies responsible for dumpsters. ·
11. Conduct routine trash collection from Town receptacles, empty as needed and sort contents for recycling.
12. Maintain the areas around the Town trash receptacles.
13. Ensure that Town receptacles are in good repair and well maintained.
14. Maintain equipment and facilities of Town of Bell to include year round access to the facility.
Please contact Allen Hahn email@example.com to express interest and for a complete job description