Help wanted – Town of Bell Recycle Center Manager
The Town of Bell is seeking applications for Recycle Center Manager. This is a part time position. The successful applicant will be expected to staff the Recycle Center as scheduled. Wage rate depending on qualification and experience.
Between November 1 and May 1, the current hours of operation are:
Saturdays 9AM to 3PM.
Fridays 12 noon to 3PM, Saturdays 9AM to 3PM
Recycle Center Manager can expect 10 hours per week in winter and 20 hours per week in summer. Help during special events may require additional hours.
Job Description: Town of Bell Recycle Center Manager
Manage all aspects of the Town of Bell Recycle Center to include scheduling, operations, maintenance, repair, purchasing. Other duties as assigned by Town Board Supervisor
- Must hold and maintain valid Wisconsin Drivers License
- Must be able to arrive at Town of Bell Community Center from principal residence, except in extreme weather conditions, within 20 minutes of emergency notification.
- Must have telephone/cellular capability at residence as all employees are subject to 24-hour call-out.
- Must be in good health and able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must obtain 3 hour hazardous material awareness certificate within 90 days of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn the principles of solid waste management, to stay current with rules/regulations relevant to our operations, and to advise Town Supervisor regarding development of waste management & recycling policy(s).
- Must produce an accurate account of collected fees.
- Must be capable of performing the tasks outlined below.
- Must be able to work without direct supervision after being trained in duties and responsibilities.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills necessary to interact with the public in a positive manner while enforcing recycle center policies.
- Must be able to supervise substitute operators.
Examples of Duties
- Advise Town Board Supervisor on waste management
- Ensure Recycle Center is open and fully functional during scheduled times.
- Collect fees from the public for waste disposal, maintain records of usage and fees collected, and deliver collected fees and reports to the Town Board Supervisor.
- Set fees for large loads based on posted charges per cubic foot.
- Perform all aspects of the cardboard recycling operation.
- Stay current with and advise customers concerning proper recycling procedures.
- Assist with special recycling
- Assist customers with waste disposal as needed.
- Coordinate with and schedule waste management companies responsible for
- Conduct routine trash collection from Town receptacles, empty as needed and sort content for recycling.
- m) May be assigned to clean Town Park and Campground restrooms including portable toilets.