Marina Commission Minutes – Jan. 3, 2022
Town of Bell
Harbor Commission Meeting
Monday, January 3, 2021
7:00 p.m. at the Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.. Members present were Chuck Perry, Jesse Kaseno, Pauline Colamatteo, Jennifer Sauter Sargent, Nick Colberg Will Tillmans, Janice Olson and MaryBeth
Tillmans. Jessica Resac was absent. Roger Lindgren and Mike Thorson were also present.
Minutes – A motion was made by J. Kaseno to approve the minutes and P. Colamatteo 2nd the
motion. Unanimous decision. Approved.
Conflict of interest – None
Public Comments – None
Public Hearing – None
Harbor Dredging Committee –D. Tillmans report. The DNR hydrogeologist is currently scrutinizing
core samples from 2018. He is reviewing the past dredge volumes and disposal sites requested on
our permit application, including town gravel pit and the submerged land lease northeast side of
break wall. He has been on vacation since the last conversation on Dec. 28th.
Green Shed Committee – The museum is closed for the winter.
- Halvorson Lease 2022 – It has been completed. C. Perry received the figures from Mark. They want
260’ of leased boat length. A boat name list was received of approved vessels. C. Perry read the
- Harbor Map -No update
- Ten Year Plan – No update. It is in progress.
- Breakwater access – It will be done in the spring. A gravel walkway will be made with crushed stone.
It will be on the north side of Halvorson’s lot. A plan and drawing will be done.
- Boardwalk leveling – This project expected to done in the spring. C. Perry has spoken with
- Thorson about the project.
- BIG and RBF and HAP grant update – The town got the original BIG grant, but the extension was
declined. The town did get the RBF with the extension. R. Lindgren is talking with the ACOE
about funding. Communication was received from Mike Halsted on the HAP grant. R. Lindgren
proposed a letter to him.
- Harbor Master Job Description – The updated job description was reviewed. Updates and additions
were made. It will be reviewed at the next meeting for approval. Once approved the job will
be posted with the description. The wage will be determined.
- Shop Lease Policy Statement – Work on this will be continued.
- General Rule Update – This needs to be gone over and updated.
- Financial Statement – Reviewed
2022 boat lease forms will be going out tomorrow.
At 8:49 p.m., P. Colamatteo made a motion to adjourn and J. Kaseno 2nd the motion. Approved.
MaryBeth Tillmans – Secretary