Minutes – Harbor Commission Meeting – Dec. 6, 2021
Town of Bell
Harbor Commission Meeting
Monday, December 6, 2021
7:00 p.m. at the Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.. Members present were Chuck Perry, Jesse Kaseno, Pauline Colamatteo, Jennifer Sauter Sargent, Nick Colberg and Jessica Resac. Will Tillmans and MaryBeth Tillmans were absent. Roger Lindgren and Mike Thorson were also present.
Minutes – A motion was made by P. Colamatteo to approve the minutes and J. Kaseno 2nd the
motion. Unanimous decision. Approved.
Conflict of interest – None
Public Comments – None
Public Hearing – None
Harbor Dredging Committee –D. Tillmans report. The information from DNR last Tuesday November 30
from the agent handling our permit is that they are still waiting for a response from their Fisheries
Biologists and from their engineer looking at the disposal sites. Apparently, they were all off deer
Green Shed Committee – The museum is closed for the winter.
- Halvorson Lease 2022 – The final draft of the lease was sent by the town attorney. It was reviewed.
Edits were made. Consistency between all shop leases was considered. J. Kaseno made a motion to
present the lease as documented tonight to the Halvorsons for review and signing. N. Colberg 2nd
the motion. Vote: 4-0-1 (4 Yes: J. Kaseno, J. Resac, N. Colberg, & P. Colametto; 0 No
1 Abstained – J. Sauter Sargent.)
- Harbor Map -W. Tillmans has been working on improvements.
- Ten Year Plan – No update
- Breakwater access –No action has been taken. It will be done in the spring.
- Boardwalk leveling – This a project expected to done in the spring.
- BIG and RBF and HAP grant update – The BIG an RBF are still pending. The HAP has
- Harbor Master Job Description – This is still being worked on.
- Shop Lease Policy Statement – Work on this will be continued.
- AIS prevention grant – Update – There will be no big projects. It is being contemplating
to used some volunteers.
- General Rule Update – This needs to be gone over and updated.
- Financial Statement – Reviewed
J. Resac met with Janice Olson and turned over some of the records to her.
At 8:34 p.m., P. Colamatteo made a motion to adjourn and J. Kaseno 2nd the motion. Approved.
MaryBeth Tillmans – Secretary