Minutes – Harbor Commission Meeting – Mon., Nov. 1, 2021
Town of Bell
Harbor Commission Meeting
Monday, November 1, 2021
7:00 p.m. at the Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.. Members present were Chuck Perry, Jesse Kaseno, Pauline Colamatteo, Jennifer Sauter Sargent and Jessica Resac. Will Tillmans, Nick Colberg and MaryBeth Tillmans were absent. Mike Thorson was also present.
Minutes – A motion was made by P. Colamatteo to approve the minutes and J. Kaseno 2nd the
motion. Unanimous decision. Approved.
Conflict of interest – None
Public Comments – None
Public Hearing – None
Harbor Dredging Committee –D. Tillmans report. He had a meeting with the DNR last Thursday. They
are putting together an approved sampling plan for the next step in the permitting process. Cost
estimates for samplings and lab analysis are needed for their requirements for a permit. He is working
on obtaining this information.
Green Shed Committee – The museum is closed for the winter.
- Halvorson Lease 2022 – The new lease document was gone over by the town lawyer and new edits
have been made. It will be sent to the lawyer for final approval and then to Halvorsons for their
approval. Length of dockage will be determined.
- Harbor Map -No update
- Ten Year Plan – No update
- Breakwater access – Discuss was held about doing a gravel path along the dune.
- Boardwalk leveling – This a project expected to done in the spring.
- Marina Handyman part time as needed employee – P. Colamatteo made to hire Mike Thorson as
the Marina Maintenance Person and J. Sauter Sargent 2nd the motion. Unanimous decision.
Approved. J. Kaseno made a motion to set his wage at $25.00 and to review it in six months.
- Colamatteo 2nd the motion. Unanimous decision. Approved.
- BIG and RBF and HAP grant update – Emails were received from Roger Lindgren. Pricing increases
are being considered for the BIG and RBF. No update on HAP.
- Harbor Master Job Description – This is still being worked on. The position will be posted.
- Shop Lease Policy Statement – J. Sauter Sargent will be the committee chairman and J. Resac will
- AIS prevention grant – Update – R. Lindgren is working on this for a possible wash station and
notification station for handouts.
- General Rule Update – This needs to be gone over and updated.
- Financial Statement – Reviewed
At 8:33 p.m., J. Resac made a motion to adjourn and P. Colamatteo the motion. Approved.
MaryBeth Tillmans – Secretary