Town of Bell
Harbor Commission Meeting
Monday, June 6, 2022
7:00 p.m. at the Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 7:06 p.m.. Members present were Chuck Perry, Jesse Kaseno, Jessica Resac, Will Tillmans and Jennifer Sauter Sargent. Nick Colberg and Pauline Colamatteo were absent. Mike Thorson, Mark Halvorson, Roger Lindgren and David Tillmans were present.
Minutes – A motion was made by J. Kaseno to approve the minutes and J. Sauter Sargent 2nd the
motion. Unanimous decision. Approved.
Conflict of interest – None
Public Comments – None
Public Hearing – None
Harbor Dredging Committee –D. Tillmans gave the report.
Last fall the Harbor Committee approved $8000 for dredging of the river without the cost of trucking included. A new DNR dredge permit was received in January. Dredge spoils can be brought to the Garage and Recycling Center. The ACOE has completed their survey. A machine can be obtained for $4400 a week. The cost of an operator is approximately $35 to $40.00 an hour. The town loader could be used for loading the spoils. J. Sauter Sargent made a motion to approve the dredging project with a $20,000.00 cap. J. Kaseno 2nd the motion. Unanimous decision. Approved. The project will begin next week.
Green Shed –No update
Shop Lease Policy Statement – J. Sauter Sargent has been fielding complaints about the new bench.
There are concerns about the gravel. The Farmer & The Sailor is relocating their sign.
Tillmans made a motion to approve the location with M. Thorson’s approval. J. Kaseno
2nd the motion. Unanimous decision. Approved.
1 Halvorson Lease 2022
Mark Halvorson, C. Perry and R. Lindgren signed the shop and boat lease. C. Perry and R. Lindgren
signed the land lease. M. Halvorson is reviewing the land lease more with their attorney, before
- Harbor Map -The map done by W. Tillmans of the harbor showing the areas of responsibility
and jurisdiction will be turned over to the board for approval.
- Ten Year Plan – No update
- Breakwater access –No action has been taken.
- Boardwalk leveling – M. Thorson has done some work on the leveling.
- BIG and RBF and HAP grant update – Request for Proposals went out for engineering. Two
bids were received. They were from Barr and AMI. Both bids were way over budget.
- Lindgren has asked BIG, RBF and HAP to review the projects for cost increases.
- Installation of new commissioners
- Lindgren appointed Doug Becker and reappointed P. Colamatteo.
- Election of new chair
- Kaseno made a motion to appoint P. Colamatteo as chair. There was not a second.
- Kaseno made a motion to table this to next month and J. Resac 2nd the motion.
Unanimous decision. Approved.
- Secretary Resignation
The position will be posted.
- Financial Statements – J. Kaseno made a motion to approve the financials statements and
- Resac 2nd the motion. Unanimous decision. Approved.
At 8:55 p.m., J. Kaseno made a motion to adjourn and J. Sauter Sargent 2nd the motion.
MaryBeth Tillmans – Secretary