Parks and Lands July 2022 Minutes
Town of Bell Parks and Lands Committee Meeting Minutes
Friday, July 8, 2022 9:30 A.M.
Location: Community Center
Members Present: Supervisor Gordon Anderson, Chair Doug Becker, Gina Emily, Judy Becker, Greg Weiss
Community: Judy Kerr
- Motion was made by Gordon to approve the June minutes; seconded by Gina; passed.
- New Member-at-Large (position 1) – Greg Weiss accepted position.
- Budget review – Gordon has not received an update on the Committee’s budget.
- Use update – Judy Kerr reported approximately $500 in campground revenue. The new fee schedule does not appear to have had any adverse effects on revenue so far. Committee reminded Judy K that she does not have to be “The Enforcer”.
- Vault toilet update – Doug is still waiting to hear back from the County on his grant application for $5000. Could the Committee request a waiver by the County to allow us to install a single stall (plus urinal) structure and a PortaPotty to cover campground needs with only 8 sites for the 3 months of use?
- Water craft launching at campground’s beach update – Greg and Doug will meet this month to discuss a “slide” along the steps to abate further erosion.
- Siskiwit Lake Boat Launch
- Parking & Signs update – Gina reported the sign was installed.
- Donation box collections report – Gina collected $16 so far. She and Gordon will place a flag by the box to draw attention to it.
- DoggiePot installed by Doug.
- Beach donation boxes – postponed until Spring of 2023.
- Doug and Gordon will install a sheet of plexiglass behind the beach restroom hand dryers to ease in cleaning the wall.
- Gordon will talk to Allan Hahn about improving recycling containers in heavy use areas.
- Missing Life Ring on Causeway has been replaced.
- Allan fixed the tire swings.
- Step was repaired on the Community Center playground
- Sidewalk area next to parking lot has become uneven. Gordon and Doug will look into repair options.
- Chuck Perry Bench – Committee approved the submitted bench design but the specific location by the Swenson Pavilion needs to be determined.
- Ray Kiewit Memorial Tree – Committee determined that an area next to the parking lot would be the best location. Gina will contact Joan Kiewit to determine type of tree.
- Community Center Parking
- Judy K reported several trailered large boats parked on the Community Center’s lot over Memorial weekend, using up much space.
- Much discussion about inadequate lighting in parking lot. Doug will research installing a motion sensor flood light.
- Other – Greg’s proposed September kayak event will most likely be moved to a different community with waterfront camping facilities.
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 10:34 am by Gordon; seconded by Gina; passed.
Next meeting, if needed, is August 5, 2022 at 9:15 am at the Community Center.
Submitted by Judy Becker, Secretary, on July 9, 2022.