Parks and Lands Meeting Minutes 11/4/2022

Town of Bell Parks and Lands Meeting Minutes

Friday, November 4, 2022 9:15 A.M. Cornucopia Community Center

Committee members present: Doug Becker, Judy Becker, Gordon Anderson

Others present: Judy Kerr

Chair Doug Becker called the meeting to order at 9:24 am.

Old Business:

  1. Previous minutes approval: motion was made by Gordon and seconded by Doug. Passed.
  2. Budget review: “other Parks and Lands” expenses needs to be clarified. Gordon will check with MaryBeth.
  3. Campground
    1. Use update: Judy K. reported income of $30 for the past month. She has closed the campground for the season. A financial review of the fee changes will be made at the close of the fiscal year. Judy K. recommended a need for a commercial watercraft launching permit/fee for 2023 and a donation by non-camping watercraft users of the beach area.
    2. Kayak launch construction update: Doug met with Greg Weiss. They recommend repairing the erosion area next to the stairs, erecting a barrier and signage to encourage watercraft launchers to use the stairs.
  4. Siskiwit Lake Boat Launch
    1. Donation box collections: no report. Committee will review at the end of the fiscal year.
  5. Maintenance
    1. Sidewalk repair update: Doug and Supervisor Allan Hahn recommend enlarging the free flow pipe under the walkway and replacing the section next spring.
    2. Parking Lot Lighting update: Doug and Gordon installed 2 solar lights on mounting poles. Feedback has been very positive. Currently they are set for 6 hours at 75% after sunset.
  6. Kiewit Memorial Tree Update: Ivory Silk Japanese Tree Lilac was planted by Earth Sense of Washburn. Family is pleased.
  7. Request to Matt Hipscher before Memorial Weekend, 2023 – on-going
    1. Fifth item added – sidewalk replacement after pipe is replaced.
  8. ADA Assessment of Town Buildings: waiting for the report from John Nedden-Durst.
  9. Assessment of Town-owned Property values: Gordon will check that it is added to the TOB Board agenda for November. County Forestry Plan reports the proposed section has low harvest value. Gordon will research selling it to the Land Conservancy organization.
  10. Swenson Pavilion: repair/replacement plans on hold until possible funds are acquired.

New Business:

  1. Other: Judy K. would like better lighting and more gravel in the parking area behind the Community Center. Also improved demarcation of the driveway entrance to that area.

Motion was made by Gordon and seconded by Doug to adjourn the meeting at 10:14 am. Passed.

No meeting in December. Next meeting date: Friday, January 6, 2023 at 9:15 am at the Community Center.

Submitted on Saturday, November 5, 2022 by Secretary Judy Becker.