Town of Bell Parks and Lands Meeting Minutes April 1, 2022 9:30 am Cornucopia Community Center
Committee Members Present: Doug Becker, Judy Becker, Gordon Anderson, Gina Emily
Community Present: Judy Kerr, Greg Weiss
Doug Becker offered to chair and called the meeting to order at 9:36 am.
Minutes were approved.
- Committee Term dates
- Town Board approved the new members and terms at March meeting.
- Illegal Dumping on Town Land
- Reports were discussed.
- Greg Weiss reported electronic appliances dumped near Siskiwit Lake. After snow melt, members will investigate and plan a cleanup.
- Kayaking Event
- Greg Weiss submitted a preliminary proposal for the September 15-18, 2022 event: 60 participants, facilities needed, special use permits, limited tent camping on Town land near beach, liability insurance, fees and costs. Much discussion. Committee favored the proposal with some concerns. Greg was advised to have event proposal added to the April Town Board agenda.
- National Scenic Byway project update
- Doug Becker reported information presented at 2 recent meetings with plans for a 3rd meeting following this meeting. Site has been approved. Other South Shore communities support is being sought. Grant application for funding is proceeding and is due May 16, 2022.
- Campground Vault Toilet
- Gordon Anderson reported on Planning Commission thoughts about keeping the campground as such at this time.
- Judy Becker contacted the Town Clerk to set up a dedicated account for the Campground Vault Toilet Fund.
- Ordinance wording was approved and will be submitted to the Town Clerk to be updated on the website.
- Website informational wording was discussed and approved for updating.
- Fee envelope information will need to be changed and new envelopes ordered.
- Campground hosts will be asked to pay $375 for the Host Site for the season.
- Lost Creek Property Update
- No update from Andrew Sauter-Sargent. Tabled.
- Harry Kellogg Memorial
- A proposed hiking/skiing/snowshoeing trail is being planned on Town land near the airport/recycling center as well as a bench with plaque to be donated by Kellogg family.
- Siskiwit Lake Launch
- Donation box and new signs will be posted after the ground thaws by Doug Becker and John Higney.
- Doug Becker will order the new parking signs.
- Existing signs need painting; dog waste container will be installed.
- Forestry Report – tabled.
- Poor ditch drainage by Community Center parking lot needs to be addressed this spring.
Next meeting will be on Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 9:00 am at the Community Center.
Meeting was adjourned at 11:02 am.
Submitted by Secretary, Judy Becker, on April 2, 2022.