Town of Bell Parks and Lands Meeting Minutes
Friday, October 7, 2022 9:15 A.M. Cornucopia Coffee & Sweet Shoppe
Committee members present: Doug Becker, Judy Becker, (Gina Emily via phone)
Others present: Judy Kerr
Chair Doug Becker called the meeting to order at 9:22 am.
- Previous minutes approval: motion was made by Judy B. and seconded by Doug. Passed.
- Budget review
- Supervisor Gordon Anderson, via email, reported that additional funds of $10,000 were proposed for the Committee’s 2023 maintenance budget. Also, the line item listed as “other” will be changed to “maintenance”.
- Use update: Judy K. reported income of $500 for the past month. She projects closing the campground around October 15.
- Correspondence: TOB Chair Roger Lindgren forwarded an email about the campground fee increase from a camper. Doug responded to the camper with information about increased costs of campground maintenance.
- Kayak launch construction update: no report.
- Siskiwit Lake Boat Launch
- Donation box collections report: Gina collected $17.00 this month.
- Sidewalk repair update: Supervisor Allen Hahn spoke with the Food Bank delivery people about not parking on the sidewalk. Doug will try to grind it more level.
- Breakwater walk weed removal: 6 people attended to clean up the path. Judy K. will treat emerging weeds next spring with non-toxic spray.
- Parking Lot Lighting update: Doug will order 3-4 solar lights and mounting poles. They are motion activated, programmable, adjustable and will be installed by Doug.
- Kiewit Memorial Tree Update: no report.
- Request to Matt Hipscher before Memorial Weekend, 2023 – on-going
- Weed removal along breakwall walk during summer months.
- Community Center ditches be deepened.
- More gravel needed on the CC back parking lot and drive to demarcate the areas.
- Campground entrance needs more gravel next spring.
- Superior Ave. Beach
- Improper Kayak Launching: no report.
- Sand movement: no report.
- ADA Assessment of Town Buildings: Doug will contact John Nedden-Durst.
- Assessment of Town-owned Property values: Judy K. presented a 34.8 acre TOB property on Siskiwit Lake for possible sale. Doug will request a Market Analysis of its value with TOB Board interest/approval.
- Swenson Pavilion: ideas were discussed about repair or replacement. Doug will request quotes from local construction companies.
- Judy K. will present 2022 information about campground use and fee changes at the next meeting.
Motion was made by Judy B. and seconded by Doug to adjourn the meeting at 10:11 am. Passed.
November meeting date: Friday, November 4, 2022 at 9:15 am at the Community Center.
Submitted on Friday, October 7, 2022 by Secretary Judy Becker.