TOWN OF BELL
RECYCLING AND SOLID WASTE ORDINANCE OR# 90-1
Whereas, conservation of recyclable materials is now necessary in order to save and conserve our natural resources; and Whereas, the cost of disposing of solid waste is becoming more expensive with the decreasing of landfill space; and Whereas, the reduction of the amount of solid waste to be disposed will reduce the costs to consumers, increase Life expectancy of our landfills and separation of recyclable material will reduce the cost of waste disposal;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE TOWN BOARD OF BELL that the following ordinance be adopted.
1. Upon opening of the recycling and solid waste collection building, each residence, residential unit, place of business, industry, school, government agency or other places providing goods or services of any kind shall not deposit any ALUMINUM, TIN CANS, GLASS, NEWSPRINT, CARDBOARD, T R S, STEEL PRODUCTS, BATTERIES, PLASTIC, CONSTRUCTION DEBRIS, WASTE OIL, TOXIC HOUSE HOLD WASTE OR WHITE GOODS (STOVES, REFRIGERATORS, ETC.) in the solid waste containers or a landfill.
2. User fees will be established to reflect the costs of recycling and solid waste disposal.
3. A construction site will be available for burning clean debris from construction jobs.
4. Glass and plastic bottles shall be rinsed out thoroughly and any metal or plastic rings removed. Newspapers shall be bagged or bound in stack. Glossy papers and magazines will be kept separate from newsprint materials. Tin cans shall be rinsed, labels removed and both ends cut out and flattened.
5. All non-recyclable solid waste shall be put into the proper garbage bags and placed in the garbage dumpsters inside the Town of Bell building located on Airport Road.
6. Recyclable goods shall be placed in the proper bins and barrels inside the building.
7. Any individual disposing of waste other than as provided for in this ordinance shall be subject to a $250 fi e and have their name published as a violator.
APPROVED BY THE TOWN BOARD OF BELL THIS 9th day of Jan., 19990
Download this ordinance as a PDF.