TOWN OF BELL BOARD MEETING
Tuesday, September 13, 2022
at the Community Center
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. Board members present were Roger Lindgren, James Kaseno, Allen Hahn, Gordon Anderson, Jackie Eid, MaryBeth Tillmans and Janice Olson. The meeting was available with Zoom.
-Board Meeting Minutes-
- Kaseno made a motion to approve the minutes and G. Anderson 2nd the motion.
Unanimous decision. Approved.
-Treasurer’s Report –J. Kaseno made a motion to approve the report and G. Anderson 2nd
the motion. A. Hahn abstained. (Vote: 4-0). Approved.
- Hahn – Communicating better with others is important as we move forward.
- Lindgren – Thanked everyone involved in the Art Crawl for making it a beautiful and
successful event for the town.
– Thanked Marc Wanvig for the donation of pictures in community center.
– Thank Judy Kerr and Richard Dunn for their work done to spruce up the community
center and the town for the Art Crawl
Correspondence– – Reviewed
Sanitary District – They are meeting tomorrow with engineers to look at the site for the new
proposed ponds. They are trying to determine the size. A DNR loan will be applied for.
The ACOE is turning resources over to the DNR and it is possible the loan could be
Public Comment Period
Nancy Moye – Thanked Marc Wanvig for the pictures for the community center. This
was the 18th annual Art Crawl. She received many positive comments.
Bruce Ehlers – Is a paper shredding event planned for the future. Not at this time.
Judy Kerr – The amount raised by Corny Day was $9,312.61 and $4000 from Halvorson’s.
- Senior and Workforce Housing needs. Public Housing Authority Presentation – follow-up
The Public Housing Authority will be doing the presentation at the October meeting.
- Scenic Byway Visitor Center – update
The Scenic Byway Visitor Center was voted down (Yes: 41, No:89) at the Special
Town meeting of the electors, held on Tuesday, August 30, 2022.
- Levy protest – needs signature
The resolution needs signatures and will be submitted to the state.
- Fireworks Ordinance – needs signature
The approved changes were made and the ordinance is ready for signatures.
- Beach Well Analysis Results
The results were received and there was no trouble with any of the elements.
- Community Center Security – defer to October
- Lindgren will meet with Kurt Nelson about cameras and Judy Kerr about doors.
- Consider Petition regarding EMS as an essential service
The Cornucopia Fire Department is essential, but ambulance and EMS service is not.
The county is recommending the circulation of a petition with signatures, requesting
it to be an essential service. A petition is being drafted.
- Overnight parking – residential streets – discussion
This was deferred to next month.
- Set Dates for working on next years budget
The dates for the budget workshop are Tues., Sept. 27th and Thurs., Sept. 29th at
- Budget – consider addition of employee to road crew – discussion
At the budget meeting, an additional employee for the road crew, along with other
departments will be considered.
At 7:55 p.m., A. Hahn made a motion to adjourn the meeting and G. Anderson 2nd the motion. Approved.
MaryBeth Tillmans – Clerk