Town of Bell Regular Board Meeting – Tues., June 14 – Agenda
TOWN OF BELL BOARD OF REVIEW
June 14, 2022
7:00 at the Community Center and Available by ZOOM
Masks Optional – If not fully vaccinated please wear one
Call Meeting to order
Adjourn until assessment roll is received
TOWN OF BELL BOARD MEETING following the Board of Review.
Tuesday, June 14th, 2022
Call Meeting to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Minutes of Previous Meeting
Treasurer’s Report –
Sanitary District Report
Public Comment Period – 2 minutes per person – if possible please submit in writing before the meeting.
- Housing Location Inquiry Status – In July Meeting, Kellie Pederson will give a short presentation on the results of the Housing Study and Richard Avol will describe with how the Bayfield County Housing Authority would help us realize the needs and a summary of the process – next steps,
- Report on status of planning for Natl Scenic Byway Visitor Center. – Defer to July
- CaCl program – $40/200’ if requested by homeowner – Still available. Send request via text to Matt Hipsher – 715-209-7322 or to BellGarage@cornywi.org.
- Lost Creek Adventures Kayaking Event September 15-18 – Vendor permits – Parks and Lands Committee recommends no additional fee- refer to Park and Land Committee Report.
- Status of Short-Term Rental Ordinance – Deferred to study group.
- Proposed water sampling at Siskiwit Beach Well. – awaiting results.
- Cross Walk and Speed Sign – Cross Walk in Process – please stay clear of the work area. Portable speed sign rental offer was withdrawn.
- Vilas County: – Sign on to protest levy limits – Supervisors were to review and decide this month if we should become a signatory to the protest.
- Appoint Planning Commissioners. 3 positions – #’s 3,4,5
- Commissioner Terms, Posting for Nominations, Appointment/Reappointment policy – Approve amended ordinance(s) – Modified Harbor Commission attached
- Broderson Class A Special Use permit
- Jeffords: Class A Special Use Dwelling in F1
- Parks and lands new member – Parks and Lands Committee recommends Appointment of Greg Weiss.
- Consider Petition to remove Stage Road from Town ATV route
- Review Petition to remove Stage Road from the Town of Bell ATV/UTV trail system.
- Review action already taken since May 1, 2022.
- Review action planned and community support requested.
- Public Comment – limited to 2 minutes per person.
- Recommendations/ Decision or defer to consider.
- Liquor License Renewal Approvals–Ehlers Store, Star North, The Fish Shed, The Fat Radish, Cornucopia Coffee and Sweet shoppe,
Halvorson’s Fisherman’s Hideout, Siskowit Farmhouse and Little Niki’s
- Assign a Board member to represent Board at CBA
- Approve amended fireworks ordinance – 300K vs 1 million – awaiting further comment from Linda
- Community Center Security – Deferred to July
- Allen asked for easier to read reports – Gordon was to follow-up
Pay Bills and Adjourn
Join Meeting by Zoom -Email – Roger Lindgren – Tobchair@cornywi.org